Your time and talent are important resources in the fight against hunger.
Annually, volunteers give us nearly 10,000 hours of time. We rely on volunteers to help us with a variety of energizing projects. We need people like you help to plant, weed, and care for vegetables at our farm sites. To sort and pack produce and other goods at our warehouse. Or to lend a hand at our special events, in the office or at Mobile Food Pantry distributions.
Most volunteer opportunities are 2-3 hours and we welcome a one-time or on-going commitment. We need volunteers at any time convenient for you – on weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
We have opportunities for corporate, community and school groups. We also offer options for individuals, and families who want to volunteer together. Children are welcome!
Create a Volunteer Account
We make helping Long Islanders possible through support from our volunteers. In order to sign up for a volunteer shift, you must first create a volunteer account.
Court-Ordered Community Service? While we accept referrals for court-mandated community service, we cannot accommodate all candidates. If applicable, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to request a copy of our Mandated Court Ordered Community Service guidelines prior to continuing with your application on this website.
Register for a Volunteer Shift
Register for a volunteer account and view our calendar of volunteer shifts to find opportunities and events that are scheduled for a specific day and time.
Get in Touch
If you have any questions or have a group that would like to volunteer with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 631-873-4775.
VOLUNTEER HOURS ANNUALLY
- To volunteer, simply click “Volunteer Now” or "Register for a Shift"
- Anyone over the age of 7 can volunteer (parental supervision required for ages 7-16)
- Groups and individuals are welcome!
- We are able to provide community service hours and can accommodate certain court-ordered volunteer time
- We are not able to accommodate walk-ins
- If you’d like a specific date for a group, please note you must contact our office first for availability
What to Expect
- Once you’ve registered for a shift or contact our volunteer department, you will receive a confirmation email
- When arriving at the warehouse, you will check in at our “volunteer entrance” and proceed to the volunteer room
- Here, we will provide you with an overview of Island Harvest and how to re-pack / sort items
- Then, you will begin the volunteer fun experience!
- No children under the age of 7; children 7-16 require parental supervision
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times (please dress appropriately for warehouse work – no sleeveless shirts or tank tops, no shorts above the knees)
- No food or drink in the warehouse