Your time and talent are important resources in the fight against hunger.
We're glad you're interested in volunteering with us! Island Harvest is the largest hunger relief organization on Long Island. We rely on over 100,000 hours of annual service that volunteers provide to help us in our mission to end hunger and reduce food waste. Your time and hard work make what we do possible, and you'll be helping many families in need. Come by yourself, with your family, or with a group, and help us tackle hunger on Long Island. Whether you're organizing food collections or helping in our offices, we have opportunities for you to have fun, increase team building and make a difference in your community!
Looking for a rewarding team building experience? Island Harvest has projects for small and large groups whether you are affiliated with a community organization, school, or corporation. Please contact our Volunteer and Community Relations Coordinator, Shannon Karafian, at email@example.com or call us at 631-873-4775.
Are you looking for an exciting volunteer opportunity?
Join us on Saturday April 4th, 2020 from 8am-6pm to make a difference in your community! Hosted by NBC 4 New York, Telemundo 47, and Stop & Shop, Feeding Our Families is one of the largest, single-day, multi-state food drives in the Northeast. We are currently seeking volunteers to Captain Locations. All materials will be on site and our local agencies will be collecting the food at the end of the day. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Create an account or to log into a preexisting account, please click the appropriate link below.
If you have any questions or have a group that would like to volunteer with us, please email email@example.com or call us at 631-873-4775.
Families, Friends and Individuals Create Account
If you are Family, a Friend or an Individual create your account using link below
Community and School Groups Create a Volunteer Account
If you are a Community or School Group create your account using link below
Community and School Groups
Corporate Groups Create a Volunteer Account
If you are part of a Corporate Group create your account using link below
VOLUNTEER HOURS ANNUALLY
- To start volunteering, click on the group that most accurately describes you: Families, Friends and Individuals, Community and School Groups or Corporate Groups.
- If you'd like a specific date for a group, please note you must contact our office first for availability. Call 631-873-4775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are able to provide community service hours and can accommodate certain court-ordered volunteer time.
- We are not able to accommodate walk-ins.
What to Expect
- Once you’ve registered for a shift or contact our volunteer department, you will receive a confirmation email
- When you sign up for a volunteer opportunity, you will receive a detailed confirmation email outlining all the information you will need.
- We reserve the right to cancel volunteer projects at any time due to unforeseen circumstances.
- If you have questions or have a group that would like to volunteer with us, please email email@example.com.