ISLAND HARVEST has the following exciting position available in our Melville, New York office:
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
This position provides overall administrative support to the President & CEO. Incumbent will also support and assist the Development department (and other departments as necessary). In addition, this position provides back-up to the office Receptionist.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain daily external schedule and appointments for President & CEO; assist her in preparing for meetings, including all materials and details for each respective meeting.
- Schedule all internal meetings for the President including but not limited to weekly senior team meetings, individual senior team one-on-one appointments and other staff meetings; communicate with Vice Presidents and other staff for requested materials by President & CEO.
- Communicate with legislators, members of the press, reporters, and other important points of contact for the President & CEO; maintain contact list.
- Assist President & CEO in contacting members of Board of Directors and other Boards when needed.
- Create and maintain files for President & CEO and Board, both hard-copy and electronic.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years of office administration experience with at least 2 years supporting a senior-level position.
- Must possess excellent phone etiquette.
- Knowledge of Office administration and sound office practices and procedures.
The ideal candidate must also possess the ability to:
- Represent the Island Harvest to the highest standards.
- Deal with difficult individuals while still remaining professional and courteous.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Adjust to changing priorities.
- Plan and organize work to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Maintain all matters relating to the President & CEO’s schedule, contacts, and appointments with keen attention to detail and discretion, when needed.
This is a full-time position, with excellent benefits. Salary Range $65K-$75K per year
To be considered for this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-in, please. No relocation expenses.
ISLAND HARVEST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Island Harvest Food Bank is a leading human services organization whose mission is to end hunger and reduce food waste on Long Island. We accomplish this through innovative programs and services aimed to enhance hunger awareness, provide short-term case management, nutrition education, outreach and advocacy initiatives, a Workforce Skills Development Institute, our organic farm, and efficient food collection and distribution.
Our work directly supports children, families, seniors, and veterans who turn to us in times of crisis and when needed and supports a network of 500 community-based nonprofit organizations. Island Harvest Food Bank is a member of Feeding America®, a nationwide network of food banks leading the effort to solve hunger in the U.S. To learn more, visit www.islandharvest.org.