Register by Oct 14th and we will add $100 and/or 100 pounds to your total!
We will also acknowledge your school as a participant on our website!
Students Feeding Students Fall/Holiday Fund & Food Drive Challenge
September 27 – December 12, 2016
Students Feeding Students Fall/Holiday Fund and Food Drive Challenge is a school competition where we invite K-12 schools and students to compete against each other to raise the most funds and food to benefit Island Harvest Food Bank.
Donations help make it possible for Island Harvest Food Bank to provide food and supportive services to 316,000 Long Islanders—including nearly 100,000 children—who reach out to us for food every year.
- The three schools that collect the most funds and/or food will be recognized at an awards ceremony at your school!
- All participating schools will receive a special Certificate of Appreciation.
- All participating schools will be acknowledged on our website.
Prior to your fund and/or food drive, Island Harvest can speak to the students about the issues of hunger on Long Island and how they can be part of the solution!
Fund Drive –Students can contribute their own funds and are encouraged to fund raise as well. Fundraising activities can include walks, car washes, dances, bake sales and other activities your school organizes.
Students have the ability to raise funds online! For more information, please visit our website and see Student Feeding Students. $1,000 can feed a child and sibling for about one year!
Food Drive – Students are asked to bring non-perishable food items to school. We will collect the donated food and distribute it to more than 450 registered member agencies throughout Long Island, including food pantries, shelters, day cares and soup kitchens.
Why It Matters:
Your support helps us address childhood hunger through targeted initiatives such as our:
- Kids Weekend Backpack Feeding Program -During the 2015-2016 school year, 1,695 students received four meals over the weekend
- Summer Food Service Program – Nearly 140,000 meals were provided through our Summer Food Service Program
To register, complete this form
For more information,please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 631-873-4775 ext. 208.