Island Harvest is seeking a full-time Food Collection Coordinator. Responsibilities will include researching, planning, marketing, managing, and developing relationships designed to generate support and conduct all food drives for Island Harvest. Through collaboration with other members of the department and volunteer support staff, the Food Collection Coordinator will initiate new food drive service area efforts to expand existing food and fund drive projects with corporations, small businesses, community public service sectors, educational institutions, faith-based groups, community-based organizations and coalitions, government agencies and the general public.
Primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate all food drives and oversee yearly food/fund drive programs.
- Inspire new donors to donate food and contribute monitarily, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters.
- Motivate, inform and facilitate supporters to maximize the food and funds they raise.
- Organize traditional activities, such as storefront drives, food challenges and individual and school food collections.
- Coordinate peer-to-peer crowd funding campaigns.
- Speak publicly in both small and large group settings to advocate for Island Harvest’s mission.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of relevant, or sales, work experience preferred. Prior work or volunteer experience in a non-profit is a plus
- Proficient in computer applications (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet).
- Strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with skills to set priorities and make time-bound decisions
- Availability requirements: Weekdays, 9am to 5pm. Some night and weekend work is necessary.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
To be considered for this position please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-in, please. No relocation expenses.
ISLAND HARVEST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About Island Harvest: Island Harvest Food Bank, a leading Long Island-based hunger-relief organization, is changing the paradigm for ending hunger on Long Island. Our mission is to end hunger and reduce food waste on Long Island through efficient food and product collection and distribution systems, enhanced hunger awareness and nutrition education programs, job training, targeted services for specific populations, and outreach and advocacy activities and initiatives. Island Harvest is among the region’s leading agencies in emergency response readiness for food and product distribution and support, and is a member of Feeding America, the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief organization.