Position Description: The Food Sourcing and Purchasing Assistant will assist with food procurement, purchase, and distribution efficiencies, work closely with donors and vendors and track incoming and outgoing deliveries while regularly creating and compiling reports. Additionally, the Food Sourcing and Purchasing Assistant will oversee all purchase orders for the programs he/she oversees, while assisting with the organization of major food distribution campaigns and events.
- Maintain food, product and equipment purchases and purchase order forms.
- Purchase food for all Island Harvest programs.
- Coordinate new volunteer assignments.
- Oversee the food donation walk-ins and receipting process and maintain new donor information in our database.
- Coordinate all food show projects.
- Track & confirm purchases and grant budget requirements.
- Prepare and coordinate volunteer drivers schedule for our donor pickups.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Coordinate food shows and rescue food at the end of shows.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years’ of relevant work experience dealing with the public.
- Prior work or volunteer experience in social services.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Computer savvy (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power point, database management).
- The desire to help others.
In addition to the above, candidates must:
- Possess a valid driver’s License; car required
- Be willing to works nights and/or weekends, as needed.
- Be willing to travel throughout the region, as necessary.
- Be able to carry up to 30 pounds.
This is a part-time position, working 20 hours per week. No relocation package offered. For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to: Randy Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Island Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.