ISLAND HARVEST has the following exciting position available:
Workforce Development Director
This individual directs and oversees all activities related to Island Harvest’s Workforce Development Program. This is a program that enhances the skills of those already in the workforce as well as provide tangible and relevant skills to those looking for employment so that they can complete tasks needed by employers to stay competitive in a global marketplace.
- Identify and develop partnerships with members of the Long Island workforce ecosystem, including local businesses, community organizations, government agencies, educational institutions and more.
- Understand, build and develop program framework and curriculum based on the local demand for skills and occupations.
- Understand, develop and manage a program budget.
- Hire, supervise, develop and manage staff to meet all program, team and programmatic goals, objectives and milestones.
- Use skill-based assessment to screen, hire and train individuals and place participants in partner locations.
- Collaborate with Island Harvest development team to identify and pursue opportunities for program support, as well as assist in writing grant and report material.
- Oversee several programs with different deliverables, budgets and performance outcomes at the same time.
- Identify and develop reporting systems, client data and tracking methods.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years’ experience managing a workforce training and development program with demonstratable results.
- Knowledge of Long Island workforce needs.
- Ability to develop budgets.
- Basic computer application skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and the Internet).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines at a given time paired with excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to carry up to 30 pounds.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Be a self-starter who can both take direction and contribute ideas.
- Be able to work independently on projects and meet deadlines.
No relocation package offered. For immediate consideration, please forward your cover letter, including salary requirements and resume to Randy Rosenberg at email@example.com. Responses without salary requirement will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Island Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Island Harvest: Island Harvest serves as the bridge between those who have surplus food and those who need it, supplying 500+ community-based nonprofit organizations on Long Island with critical food support to help stem the advancing tide of hunger in our communities. Island Harvest is a member of Feeding America, the largest hunger-relief organization in the country. In support of our mission to end hunger and reduce food waste on Long Island, Island Harvest is actively involved in educational and hunger awareness programs to inform the public about the insidious, but often unrecognized, problem of hunger here, in one of the wealthiest regions of the country, and how individuals, businesses, schools and commercial food establishments can make a difference.