ISLAND HARVEST has the following exciting position available:
SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
The Social Media Specialist will support our communications, public relations/marketing program by assisting in the execution of Island Harvest’s brand voice across all channels, including digital ads, website, social media, electronic and print materials.
- Support the work of our public relations consultant and fundraising team to develop content for our social media platforms, website and newsletters and more highlighting our programs, services and support programs as well as fundraising and other initiatives
- Coordinate consistent messaging with corporate brand and design guidelines and building out an organized, internal content plan
- Create a Story Platform through first-person interviews with clients, contributors. volunteers, staff and other constituents
- Create content that aligns our voice and brand to create compelling content with proven performance ratings
- Develop a timely reporting and analysis system (real-time, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Identify the myriad regional and national competitive landscape
- Perform other activities/projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English or Communications or equivalent work experience.
- 2 plus years of proven experience with an impressively creative and active portfolio of work that includes content development for all platforms at a strong brand, agency or influential publication.
- The ability to produce written content for website, social media platforms, print and electronic newsletters (and stories, whitepapers, email, social media, and interactive pieces) that align with brand and connects to public relations, marketing and fundraising campaigns to create compelling content that gets noticed.
- Exceptional speaking, writing, interpersonal and presentation skills. Must have the ability to interact with the public and coworkers.
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly to produce high quality work products in an extremely fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
In addition to the above, candidates must:
- Demonstrated interest in hunger relief and anti-poverty issues.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Be self-starters who can both take direction and contribute ideas.
- Be able to work independently on projects and meet deadlines.
- Maintain appropriate records.
- Have prior experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Have the capability to work well on their own while still being a team-player.
- Be willing to work occasional nights and/or weekends, as needed.
- Be willing to travel throughout the region, as necessary.
- Be able to carry up to 30 pounds
No relocation packages offered. For immediate consideration, please forward your cover letter, including salary requirements and resume to Randy Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses without salary requirement will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Island Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Island Harvest: Island Harvest Food Bank, a leading Long Island-based hunger-relief organization, is changing the paradigm for ending hunger on Long Island. Our innovative cross-sector programs target the root causes of food insecurity among working families, senior citizens, veterans, and children. Through strategic partnerships in communities, and with hospitals and related organizations, we collaboratively address chronic food insecurity, physical/mental health conditions, and substance abuse disorders. Island Harvest Food Bank pairs specially designed initiatives with nutrition education, outreach, mobile food distributions, and resource referral services, designed to create pathways that address specific social determinants of health. We provide holistic services and vital resources that help transition Long Islanders who are food-insecure from uncertainty to stability. Island Harvest Food Bank is a proud member of Feeding America®, the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief organization. More information about Island Harvest Food Bank is at www.islandharvest.org.