ISLAND HARVEST has the following exciting position available:
Food Production Coordinator
This individual is responsible for overseeing the procurement of both food and supplies, and the assembly of packaged food boxes, for various Island Harvest programs.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Work with internal stake holders to determine what food boxes need to be produced for distribution to the public.
- Build the menu of items required for production.
- Procure the packaged food items required to be used in production.
- Oversee the assembly/production of the various packaged food boxes.
- Maintain inventory of the finished food boxes and allocate for various programs.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports related to production and inventory management.
- Manage a team of volunteers in the production of the boxes.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies for making the boxes.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience managing a workforce.
- Previous production/assembly work preferred.
- Spreadsheet skills are a must.
- Previous work in a food environment is a plus.
- Ability to think on your feet and troubleshoot issues.
- Must be a strategic and creative thinker.
- Excellent leadership and staff development skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail and be comfortable with numbers.
No relocation packages offered. For immediate consideration, please forward your cover letter, including salary requirements and resume to Randy Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses without salary requirement will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Island Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Island Harvest: Island Harvest serves as the bridge between those who have surplus food and those who need it, supplying 500+ community-based nonprofit organizations on Long Island with critical food support to help stem the advancing tide of hunger in our communities. Island Harvest is a member of Feeding America, the largest hunger-relief organization in the country. In support of our mission to end hunger and reduce food waste on Long Island, Island Harvest is actively involved in educational and hunger awareness programs to inform the public about the insidious, but often unrecognized, problem of hunger here, in one of the wealthiest regions of the country, and how individuals, businesses, schools and commercial food establishments can make a difference.