Position Description: The Agency Relations Coordinator will visit and monitor partner agencies to ensure compliance with the Island Harvest, Feeding America and local food safety regulations, policies, and guidelines.
- Provide general support to our member agencies and the general public for information purposes and collaborative programs.
- Assess, address and document agency concerns, answer questions, seek resolution to issues and be a liaison between the client and internal resources.
- Provide onsite support and advice to agencies with respect to safe food storage and handling of donated product, etc.
- Facilitate and ensure timely communication with agencies regarding topics such as food recalls, alerts, special initiatives and advocacy related initiatives.
- Track and monitor all contract renewals and compliance issues.
- Perform annual assessment of agency performance and identify challenges to be resolved and opportunities for capacity enhancement.
- Build agency relationships and demonstrate knowledge and become active in the hunger relief movement and member network.
- Offer member agencies access and assistance in food stamp outreach and application assistance.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years’ of relevant work experience dealing with the public
- Prior work or volunteer experience in social services
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- The desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be a self-starter who can take direction and contribute ideas
- The ability to work independently on projects while meeting deadlines
- Microsoft Office & Database Management
- The capability to work well on their own while still being a team-player
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
In addition to the above, candidates must:
- Possess a valid driver’s license; car required
- Be willing to works nights and/or weekends, as needed
- Be willing to travel throughout the region, as necessary
- Be able to carry up to 30 pounds
No relocation package offered. For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to: Randy Rosenberg at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Island Harvest Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer