How to Help
Make an online donation
using your Visa, Master Card or American Express credit card.
Mail Check or Money Order made payable to:
199 Second Street,
Mineola, NY 11501
Lasting Legacy Program*: Bequests in your will to Island Harvest of any size may qualify your estate for significant tax savings. Seek advice of an attorney regarding this.
Matching Gift Program: Ask your Human Resources Office if your company sponsors such a program.
Grants*: Through Corporations and Foundations.
Stocks: By donating stock to Island Harvest, you may be able to eliminate or defer capital gains and receive an income tax deduction at fair market value. Thousands of families and individuals in Nassau and Suffolk County rely on Island Harvest to help them keep food on their tables. Your contribution will help provide urgently needed groceries for our neighbors facing hunger.
For more information on how to make a stock donation contact Island Harvest’s Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (516) 294-8528 x23.
*Call Randi Dresner, President & CEO (516) 294-8528, ext. 38 for additional information.
All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law and will be acknowledged in writing by Island Harvest for IRS purposes.
Goods which you can donate but are not limited to:
• Raffle & Auction Prizes
• Office Supplies or equipment
• Cleaning Supplies
• Computers (Pentium 3 or higher) (XP or Vista)
• Software (Microsoft Professional 2007)
Services which you can donate:
• Printing Services (for Events, Mailings, Newsletters, etc.)
• Graphics / Design Services (for Events, Mailings, Newsletters, etc.)
• Trucks, Warehouse Space, Equipment for Large Food Drives
• Tractor Trailer - year 2005 or higher
• Signs for Events
• Photography Services for Events, Publicity, Press Releases etc.
• Music & Flowers for Events
• Research Services
• Grant Writing Assistance