Family Farmacy Nutrition Coordinator
The employees at Island Harvest represent a dedicated and diverse group working together to help feed people at risk of going hungry on Long Island each year.
Island Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Island Harvest. All our employment policies including those concerning recruitment and selection are based on ability and merit, without regard to an applicant’s age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other category or status protected by law. It is the policy of the Company to make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ disabilities.
ISLAND HARVEST has the following exciting position available:
Family Farmacy Nutrition Coordinator
Position Description: This individual will work closely with the Northwell staff at the LIJ Valley Stream hospital to discuss patients who have screened positive for food insecurity. Incumbent will split time between the LIJ Valley Stream hospital and Island Harvest’s Hauppauge office.
- Meet with patients being discharged from the LIJ Valley Stream hospital to discuss food access, healthy food options based on their health conditions. distribute food, and provide linkages to community resources
- Follow-up with patients once they have left the hospital to ensure they have accessed food and offer additional community resources
- Meet with patients at follow-up appointments to provide additional food and discuss their progress
- Collaborate closely with Island Harvest staff to understand and offer all services available through Island Harvest to patients
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Must be a Registered Dietician
- 2 -4 years of relevant work experience dealing with the public.
- Prior work or volunteer experience in social services.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is required.
In addition to the above, candidates must:
- Be a self-starter who can both take direction and contribute ideas.
- Be able to work independently on projects and meet deadlines.
- Maintain appropriate records.
- Must exhibit a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Have the capability to work well on their own while still being a team-player.
- Be willing to work occasional nights and/or weekends, as needed.
- Be willing to travel throughout the region, as necessary.
- Be able to carry up to 30 pounds
To be considered for this position please send your resume and salary requirements to Randy Rosenberg at email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-in, please. No relocation expenses.
ISLAND HARVEST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About Island Harvest: Island Harvest serves as the bridge between those who have surplus food and those who need it, supplying 500 community-based nonprofit organizations on Long Island with critical food support to help stem the advancing tide of hunger in our communities. Island Harvest is a member of Feeding America, the largest hunger-relief organization in the country. In support of our mission to end hunger and reduce food waste on Long Island, Island Harvest is actively involved in educational and hunger awareness programs to inform the public about the insidious, but often unrecognized, problem of hunger here, in one of the wealthiest regions of the country, and how individuals, businesses, schools and commercial food establishments can make a difference.