Fundraising and Special Events Manager
The employees at Island Harvest represent a dedicated and diverse group working together to help feed people at risk of going hungry on Long Island each year.
Island Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Island Harvest. All our employment policies including those concerning recruitment and selection are based on ability and merit, without regard to an applicant’s age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other category or status protected by law. It is the policy of the Company to make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ disabilities.
ISLAND HARVEST has the following exciting position available in our Hauppauge, New York office:
FUND RAISING & SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER
Position Description: This position is responsible for the advancement of Island Harvest’s mission through fundraising as it relates to special events and raising the awareness of hunger through targeted philanthropic and cause marketing, individual and corporate partnerships with Island Harvest. This is a fundraising and business development position. The qualified candidate will build key relationships with the corporate community. Special events include but are not limited to 5K Run/ Walk, Golf Outing, Citi Field Event and Taste of the Harvest Gala in addition to supporting and attending DIY events.
- Develop the overall planning and management of major fundraising events to include budget management, acquire, cultivate and retain event participants and identify, solicit corporate and businesses for event sponsorships, logistics, committee recruitment including oversight and management of all event committees, publicity/media relations, creative services (graphic and printed materials), promotions, etc.
- Develop and coordinate post-event evaluation process (with appropriate Food Bank staff and committees) to include return on investment analysis (quantitative/qualitative), volunteer management, committee structure, public perceptions, and other event related analyses to ensure continued success of events.
- Identify new opportunities and develop strategies to advance the work of Island Harvest in the business community.
- Create new sources of funding through corporate sponsorships of Island Harvest’s existing and emerging programs and initiatives.
- Work with Marketing Department to promote ideas on effective marketing strategies and campaigns that appeal to the business community.
- Increase Island Harvest’s presence by being actively engaged in community, civic and social organizations that are of benefit to the organization.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with courses in Business or Marketing.
- 4 years’ of solid experience fundraising and managing special events with the potential to generate $800K in revenue.
- Solid knowledge of fundraising.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proven proficiency in “closing”.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word); Donor Perfect helpful but not necessary
- The capability to work well on their own while still being a team-player
In addition to the above, candidates must:
- Demonstrate attention to detail and be comfortable with numbers.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Be a self-starter who can both take direction and contribute ideas.
- Be able to work independently on projects and meet deadlines.
- Maintain appropriate records.
- Be willing to work occasional nights and/or weekends, as needed.
- Be willing to travel throughout the region, as necessary.
- Be able to carry up to 30 pounds
To be considered for this position please send your resume and salary requirements to Randy Rosenberg at email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-in, please. No relocation expenses.
ISLAND HARVEST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About Island Harvest: Island Harvest serves as the bridge between those who have surplus food and those who need it, supplying 500 community-based nonprofit organizations on Long Island with critical food support to help stem the advancing tide of hunger in our communities. Island Harvest is a member of Feeding America, the largest hunger-relief organization in the country. In support of our mission to end hunger and reduce food waste on Long Island, Island Harvest is actively involved in educational and hunger awareness programs to inform the public about the insidious, but often unrecognized, problem of hunger here, in one of the wealthiest regions of the country, and how individuals, businesses, schools and commercial food establishments can make a difference.